Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Ring

Background for writing this below. A year ago when D and I got back together after being separated for 2 weeks I wrote this. I was inspired not by our relationship and what we had gone through, but was inspired by sisters situation. She had some things going on with her boyfriend,(and quiet possibly her future husband the way things are going now). She was going through a confusing time and had expressed some things to mom and I so I ended up writing this. I ended up however, incorporating it to my life with my husband. Enjoy!

"Something I wrote today and wanted to share it with you...

Growing up in life you get many many gifts. Gifts from everyone: parents, sisters, brothers, friends, boyfriends and husbands. In today's society we get wrapped up in gifts, stuff, toys yadda yadda yadda. We want what we can't have, or can't get yet; we want the biggest fastest things-ma-bob out there, or the biggest shiniest piece of jewelry. I wanted a bigger ring. Something really purdy and sparkly that I can show off to everyone. Everyone can notice MY ring if I get maybe a 1/2 karat or 3/4 karat. Yea that's it, I want a bigger one. I want it! I can show it off to everyone. Yea, that'll show everyone how much my baby loves me. Yea that'll show me how much he loves me. I can stare at it all day and admire how shiny it is. Now that I'm old and gray on my last breath. My husband sits besides me, holding my hand, admiring me as though I'm still something shiny. Telling me how much he loves me, lightly touches my face telling me its Ok to go, that he'll be not too far behind. On that last breath thinking about my husband and our life together. Knowing that he farts and talks in his sleep, sometimes a little too loud for my liking, but never the less he was still laying next to me. Thinking about our outrageous fights, our most intimate moments, our goofiest times, our birth of our children, our brinks of divorce, our despair, our happiness, our pain, our belief, our confusions, and our ever growing love that matured everyday we were together. As god took me above and sat me is his throne, I took a look around in peace and realized how short my life really was. While sitting I began to figit with my ring which I always do while I wait or do in deep thought and found it wasn't there. I had no ring, I had no gold watch, I had no pearl necklace and no diamond bracelet. At that point I looked up and saw my husband standing there. Shining and glimmering like my bracelet, like my necklace, like my watch, and even brighter than my ring. Every gift that I was given on earth was no longer there. I wasn't able to take with me. Instead I had one gift that was more valuable and more shiny than any gift out there.
My husband.
The gift from god that was chosen for me. I was picked to be the one to get to know this man the best. The good and the bad and all the quirks in between. We leave everything behind when we come to join god, but can only have with us the one gift. My best friend, my lover, my love, My husband. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home